Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NES

On a math, physics, and computer science comic strip website, I found this one about the days when NES first came out:

Of the many things that me and my two older brothers did as kids, we spent a lot of time playing the "Nintendo Entertainment System" in the basement. I vividly remember when we got this first Nintendo video game system. I'm pretty sure my oldest brother either bought it or got it as a gift. Anyway, my mom would usually get mad because we would be playing it for hours like Paperboy and Super Mario Bros.

Paperboy was by far my favorite game. The best feeling was getting past all the monsters in the sewer trying to eat me and then getting to the end obstacle course. I have to honestly say that I rarely saw that finish crowd cheering for me.



Since I am the little sister, I didn't get to play as much as my brothers and their friends did but I loved to watch. My mom ended up just saying that we could all sit in the basement becuase it kept us out of her hair.

So, having to do with the comic, I totally remember having to take the game out of the system and blowing the dust out so it would start working normal again. It's weird how that doesn't happen nearly as often now with new gaming systems.

My family still stays true to the Nintendo brand. I think we have or have had every system so far. It's pretty ridiculous. We are slowly moving into the world of XBox and stuff.

It's also pretty ridiculous that I'm talking about childhood memories like this one but I honestly have not thought of anything completely related to math for a while. So, I found this comic on a math website. That's how it relates.

No comments:

Post a Comment