Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Math Love Song



I found this youtube video tonight. I was kind of creeped out at first because of the guy's outfit. There are weird sock puppet things that I still don't know the point of. Anyway, the guy is actually a pretty good singer and a good guitar player. Most importantly, he is very clever with his song. I think that he might've done it for a class project or something but I think it's still a decent but goofy song.

The song has math vocabulary but the singer uses those words in sentences for a love song about a guy that wants to get back with a girl. For example, "MULTIPLY my tears cause you're not there", "yes I may be NEGATIVE and I may be ODD, but EVEN you are hardly in your PRIME", and my favorite, "I want to enter your EQUATION one more time". I love how the guy uses important math words that are human characteristics as well like "negative" (negative attitude) and "odd" (weird).

Basically, "lylieesmeashley" is really creative. If I listened to this song without reading the lyrics, I might actually think that it was a real love song not based around math words.

No comments:

Post a Comment